Common Member Questions

Mature couple

Here you'll find the answers to some common questions about your vision plan. Select a category below to view questions about specific topics.


» Using Your Vision Benefit  |  » The VCP Provider Network

Using Your Vision Benefit

Q. How do I use my benefit?

A. Using your vision benefit at a network provider is easy:

  1. Locate a provider that services your plan by using the Locate a Provider feature, calling our Customer Care Center or referring to your member welcome packet.
  2. Schedule an appointment.
  3. Show your ID card at the time of your appointment.

The provider's staff will do the rest! You'll only pay for any copays indicated, as well as any applicable amounts over the allowances. Your provider will supply you with these amounts.

The process varies slightly if you decide to use a non-network provider. Visit the Using Your Benefits page for more information.

Q. Do I need to file a claim?

A. No, you'll not file claims if you use an in-network provider. If your plan offers out-of-network benefits and you decide to go to an eye care provider not on the vision network, you'll need to use an out-of-network claim form.

Q. Where can I find an out-of-network claim form?

A. You can download an out-of-network claim form from the Benefits Details screen here. Be sure to contact VCP prior to obtaining services from an out-of-network provider to obtain pre-confirmation. At the time of service, you'll pay the provider in full for the services and materials. Have the provider sign the out-of-network claim form, mail in the completed form for reimbursement to the address as noted on the claim form.  Also include copies of the itemized receipt from the out-of-network provider.

Q. How can I check on the status of a claim?

A. If you used your benefits at an in-network provider, you should not need to check the status of a claim, as we will work with the provider directly. You can view the status of your claim online via the Claim Status page. If you filed an out-of-network claim, please call our Customer Care Center at 1-866-537-0229 to inquire about the status of a claim. Have your member ID available for faster service.

Q. How do I get a replacement ID card?

A. If you need a replacement ID card, you can go to the Print ID Card page, also available from the left-hand navigation.

Q. Can I apply FSA funds to out-of-pocket costs after my vision benefit is applied?

A. Yes. You can use your Flexible Spending Account (FSA) to pay for a variety of health-related out-of pocket expenses, including those associated with ancillary benefits like this plan. Money from the FSA can be applied toward the eye exam copay, out-of-pocket costs for prescription glasses or contact lenses (including upgrades) and supplies such as contact lens solution. Employees can even use FSA funds for LASIK surgery.

Q. Do I need my ID card in order to use my benefit or discount?

A. No, you don't need your ID card to use your vision plan. If you have your card, we recommend you take it with you, as it helps the provider correctly apply your discount or benefit. However, if you don't have a card, simply let the provider office staff know your plan name, and they can verify your plan details and eligibility for you. To print a replacement ID card, go to the Print ID Card page, also available from the left-hand navigation.

The VCP Provider Network

Q. How do I find a provider who accepts my VCP plan?

A. You can find a provider by using our online Provider Locator or through the following methods:

  • Refer to the Member Brochure you received upon enrolling in the program. It includes a list of providers near your home.
  • Call the Customer Care Center at 1-866-537-0229 to use our automated voice response system or speak with a representative.
  • Ask your preferred eye care provider if he or she accepts VCP.

Some documents on this page require Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you don't have Acrobat Reader, you can download it for free.