Understand the Benefit
Why Vision Insurance
EyeMed's vision benefit can help save you money on eye exams, eyeglasses and contact lenses and even provides discounts on laser vision correction and additional vision care purchases. Regular eye exams can help detect health conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol, so take care of your vision - and your whole body - by joining EyeMed Vision Care!
How the Vision Care Plan Works
The Vision Care Plan features the EyeMed Vision Care network, one of the largest in the industry, with access to thousands of private practitioners and retail providers nationwide, including LensCrafters®, Sears Optical(SM), Target Optical®, JCPenney® Optical and most Pearle Vision® locations. You'll enjoy significant savings on products and services obtained at in-network providers, and you'll receive reimbursements for certain services even if your eye doctor is outside the network.
What the Vision Care Plan Offers
- Access to thousands of private practitioners and optical retailers - including LensCrafters, Sears Optical, Target Optical and most Pearle Vision locations - through the EyeMed Vision Care network.
- Out-of-network provisions allow you to use any provider - however, out-of-network reimbursements may be lower than in-network benefits.
- Choice of brand-name frames that fit your style.
- Ongoing in-network discounts on subsequent purchases - 40 percent off a complete pair of eyeglasses - 20 percent off non-prescription sunglasses.
- Discounts for LASIK and PRK procedures through the U.S. Laser Vision network, which is owned by LCA-Vision.
- Convenient provider locations - many with evening and weekend hours to accommodate busy schedules.
- Live customer service from EyeMed's Customer Care Center available at 866-9EYEMED (866-939-3633), Monday through Saturday from 7:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. (Eastern Time).